It’s been way too long since I’ve written on here, but I’d like to think I have a pretty darn good excuse. Those that know me know what I do for a living and that I just completed the weekend/events/miracle on cinders that we work towards ALL YEAR LONG. And due to a few extenuating circumstances, it was particularly busy and stressful. There was just no time to write on here or do many of the items on my 29 before 30 list. I mean, there was barely any time to see my husband or be home for anything other than sleeping or think about anything besides work. But I made it through, and successfully, I might add, due to the greatest co-workers and students a person could ask for. And even though I’m crazy tired and still decompressing, it was one of the most rewarding times of my professional career and I’m filled with a lot of pride.
Now that I’ve made it through, I will do my best to get refocused on my list as I am well over the halfway point and it’s go time!
List accomplishments as of last point:
- I did manage two weeks ago to make Thai Beef with Chiles and Basil, and it was awesome! I didn’t really have time to cook at all last week, but I did make myself this Coconut Date Shake for breakfast last Monday morning. SO GOOD!
- I watched 1962’s Best Picture winner Lawrence of Arabia maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago? I can’t remember. Pretty impressive special effects for an early 60s film.
- I bought my investment piece a few weeks ago! I needed a new purse, and have never treated myself to a nice one before. I normally don’t spend over $30 on one, but I wanted something unique and high-quality that I would keep for years to come. I ended up getting a Leaders in Leather cross-body from Relish here in Bloomington, and I love it!
- I can’t believe it because I totally didn’t train, but I also ran in a 5k– the Little 500 5k on April 18th to be exact. I was sore for 2 straight days, but I did it– with help from Tim.
- I’m not going to lie. I didn’t write in my journal really at all, and I only took a few pictures here and there, but I hope to get rolling back on both of those this week.